Railway Protection Force renamed as Indian Railway Protection Force Service. The notice was issued and the name change is implemented by Railways Board.
The Ministry of Railways accorded Organized Group ‘A’ status to Railway Protection Force (RPF) and renamed it Indian Railway Protection Force Service. The Organized Group ‘A’ status (OGAS) to RPF decision arising from Hon’ble Court’s orders. The RPF will be known as the Indian Railway Protection Force Service. The notice in this regard was issued by the Joint Director of Railway Board Amitabh Joshi on December 30.
Railway Protection Force
It is a security force, established by the Railway Protection Force Act, 1957
Year End Review 2019: Ministry of Railways
Higher Investment in Railways
- Highest ever CAPEX:
Rs. 1,60,176 crore in 2019-20 Budget Estimates.
- 20.1% higher over 2018-19
- Utilization upto end of November 2019 (April-November 2019) is Rs.1,02,008.61 crore, which is 63.7%. The utilization of funds during the corresponding period in 2018-19 was 61.3%.
- With a proposed investment of Rs 50 lakh crore until 2030, Budget 2019 laid the roadmap for Railways to become the growth engine of the country.
- Infrastructure Thrust
- Faster construction
- Commissioning of Complete Projects
- Connecting India – Lines approved
Modern Train Control System
- Towards a Green Electrified Railways
- Hygienic & Quality Food
- Safety First
More Details Reference Link