A federal judge in the United States refused to suspend President Donald Trump’s recent executive order that put a 60-day ban on green cards for most immigrants due to the coronavirus crisis.
Trump’s order came last week, after he vowed that he’d halt immigration to the United States during the Covid-19 crisis. But in the end he limited the order to a 60-day freeze on most green cards while still allowing visa-processing for hundreds of thousands of temporary employees like farm workers and crop pickers, who make up the majority of immigrants in the US.
As a result of the pandemic, many other countries too have implemented restrictions on entry and exit, visa and work permit issuance, closed borders, tightened quarantine rules and taken other measures to protect themselves. On this edition of the big picture we analyse the way forward for immigration.
1- Jitendra Nath Misra, Former Ambassador
2- Prof. Swaran Singh, Chairperson, Centre for International Politics, JNU
3- Alok Bansal, Director, India Foundation
Anchor: Frank Rausan Pereira
Producer: Sagheer Ahmad
Follow Latest Current Affairs
- Money & Credit NCERT Economics Class
- How to read News Paper Every UPSC aspirant must know (Part2)
- How to read News Paper ? Every UPSC aspirant must know (Part 1)
- UPSC Video Sessions | Class 12 NCERT Part 2 Online Classes
- UPSC Video Sessions | Class 12 NCERT Part 1 Online Classes