Impact of Lockdown on women & children: RSTV The Big Picture
The COVID-19 crisis has a potentially far-reaching, long-term negative impact on women and children around the world. The impact is likely to be devastating especially for children, even though they appear to have less severe symptoms and lower mortality rates than other age groups.
More than 1.5 billion students are out of school. Widespread job and income loss and economic insecurity among families are likely to increase rates of child labor, sexual exploitation and child marriage. Stresses on families, particularly those living under quarantines and lockdowns, are increasing the incidence of domestic violence.
On this edition of The Big Picture we analyse the impact of COVID-19 on women and children.
Source: News & Politics
1- V. Rajyalaxmi, Sociologist
2- Lalitha Kumaramangalam, Former Chairperson, National Commission for Women
3- Gotha Hari Priya Karthick, Family Life Coach
Anchor – Frank Rausan Pereira
Producer – Sagheer Ahmad
Latest Current Affairs
- Money & Credit NCERT Economics Class
- How to read News Paper Every UPSC aspirant must know (Part2)
- How to read News Paper ? Every UPSC aspirant must know (Part 1)
- UPSC Video Sessions | Class 12 NCERT Part 2 Online Classes
- UPSC Video Sessions | Class 12 NCERT Part 1 Online Classes