The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, presented the 14th Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards.
- The Awards honour journalists from print, broadcast and digital media recognising their strength of character and integrity while covering news in adverse circumstances.
- Named after Ramnath Goenka, the awards have been held annually since 2006.
- Ramnath Goenka (1904–1991) was an Indian newspaper publisher. He launched The Indian Express Newspaper in 1932.
- During the Emergency Period of India, he was one of the few independent businessman journalists that stood up to the government opposing Indira Gandhi.
- He became the Lok Sabha Member in 1971 under the banner of Bhartiya Jan Sangha.
Source : PIB